Hello, I am Kyle. I am in my mid twenties, currently living and working at a boarding school in Los Olivos, California with my wonderful husband.
I graduated college in 2008 with a degree in Exercise Science, and really enjoy learning about ways that I can lead a healthier lifestyle. However, in 2009 my husband and I faced significant financial struggles due to job loss, I spent 7 months with a respiratory illness, and we were challenged in many ways both emotionally and physically. It is because of this that in 2009, I decided to be more intentional about my choices (What I choose to eat, how I think about things, who I associate with, what I choose to spend my time doing, etc.) and make an overall effort to better my wellness and outlook on life on a daily basis. Alongside my husband I’ve decided to document part of this journey on this blog.
I have been told that I am an idealist, naive, and haven’t seen enough of the world to assess it, but I hope that I continue to have faith in human kind and do my best to be a good steward. In the process I also want to work towards improving my personal life for the better. Through this blog I hope to share components of well-being and simplicity to others while using these tools as a guide to enrich my life.
Some Random Things About Me:
- Someday I’d like to own a small hobby farm complete with wildflowers, veggies, berry bushes, chickens, sheep, goats, and an alpaca.
- I enjoy learning about health and the way our bodies work.
- I LOVE bookstores and often browse through them for hours at a time
- Singing is a great way for me to express myself, but I’m not much for solos…
- I think farmers markets and produce stands are amazing; the colors, smells, and people watching :)